Polyaluminium Chloride (PAC), The One Makes Clean and Recyclable Water
Polyaluminium chloride is manufactured in both liquid and powder form. The product is used in deodorants and antiperspirants, as a flocculant in water purification, in treatment of drinking / portable water, and wastewater treatment and paper sizing. A flocculant is a substance which promotes the clumping of particles, especially one used in treating wastewater. This compound is preferred in some cases because of its high charge, which makes it more effective at destabilizing and removing suspended materials than other aluminium salts.
The applications of PAC are mainly for effluent and water treatment:
- Drinking water and sanitary sewage.
- Industrial water, industrial wastewater, mine and water for oilfield injection, chemical wastewater in industry of papermaking, metallurgy, washed coal and leather.
- Recycle water.
- Oil-water separation and has good effects in the oil refining industry.
There are some advantages of PAC compared to other aluminium salts:
- Using PAC as flocculant, the speed of flocs forming and settling are quick. Flocs formed are easy to filter.
- Compared to aluminium sulphate flocculant, the quality of water treated with PAC is better; the total cost reduced by 15% – 30%, and the solubility is better.
- It can be applied to water with broad pH range.
- There is fewer salts in water treated with PAC, this is good for high purity water purifying and ion-exchange treatment.
- The corrosivity of PAC is lower, easy to transfer, handle and operate.
Follow us on our other platforms and check out our website to learn more about the products we supply that could help your business grow!